Join Yoga teacher Dina Cohen for a week of Yoga and Meditation amidst the tranquillity of this off-the-beaten-track island paradise!
There will be a daily Vinyasa Flow practice which will be presented in a step-by-step format, suitable for all levels. Additionally, we will learn techniques and practices from Mindfulness, Qi Gong and Yoga Nidra that will support us in maintaining balance and a sense of ease and well-being, whatever life throws our way.
There will be plenty of free time too to soak up the sunshine, explore the island and make new friends or to take some quiet time out for yourselves.
As with all our Bamboo yoga holidays, it’s a chance to develop your practice whilst being in a safe, supported space with like-minded people. This week will leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated!
Glaros studios apartments, Kalargyrou, Antiparos, Greece, http://www.glarosantiparos.gr/en.
Stunning Greek apartments with comfortable beds, ensuite bathrooms and doors that open out onto the beautiful terrace. And the beach is a just a short stroll away!
Antiparos is a small picturesque island at the heart of the Cyclades group of islands in the southern Aegean, which is known for its distinctive beauty. Antiparos is situated less than one nautical mile from its larger sister island of Paros, to which it is connected by a local ferry. The island offers over 60km of stunning shoreline and is blessed with crystalline emerald waters, golden sandy beaches and other extraordinary natural wonders such as the famous Cave of Antiparos.
Glaros studios apartments are located on the northeast side of Antiparos and are no more than 100 metres from the sea and a secluded stretch of sandy beach. The main village of Antiparos, with its narrow, cobbled stone alleyways and streets, white-washed houses decorated with thriving pink and purple bougainvilleas and shadowy eucalyptus trees, is also within a 10-minute walking distance.
We’ve chosen May which is outside the main tourist season, when flights to Greece are cheaper.
- Seven nights’ accommodation (single, double or triple occupancy)
- Morning meditation and pranayama
- 13 yoga classes including mindfulness meditation practice
- Early morning breakfast (teas, fresh juice and fruits)
- After morning yoga – a delicious buffet-style substantial brunch
- Afternoon tea and snacks
- Arrival Dinner and Leaving Dinner at the retreat centre – for the other five nights you will be free to explore the village of Antiparos, which is only a ten-minute walk from the retreat. The venue’s host Susanne, who spends the summers on this stunning island, will be happy to show you around and make recommendations of local tavernas and other eating places
- An early-morning Boat Trip (weather depending)
- One free afternoon
- Loan of a push-bike for the week to explore the local area
Holistic treatments will also be offered onsite throughout the week (additional charges will apply).
What’s not included?
- Flight tickets/ferry fees – NB May is not high season in Greece, so flights are cheap! Please make sure that you book your flights well in advance.
- All other costs of transport each way between the airport and the ferry ports – NB taxis can be shared by up to 4 people.
- Five nights’ dinner (see above)
How to get to us
Susanne who is hosting this retreat will guide you on all bookings to make sure you have ease of travel and boat times, she will then meet you at the boat port and bring you to the centre.
To get to Antiparos, you must first reach Paros island either by:
- Airplane direct from Athens (Eleftherios Venizelos airport) – see https://www.olympicair.com/en/Travel/Reservations/Tickets or http://www.skyexpress.gr/en-us/home.aspx
- Boat or highspeed ferry from the mainland ports of Piraeus or Rafina, or the from the port of another Cycladic island, to the port of Paros (Parikia) – see www.gtp.gr
There are international flights both to Athens, Santorini and Mykonos, and the easiest is to either fly in to Athens and take the domestic flight from there (only 20 mins from Paros), or to fly in to Mykonos and take the boat from there (only 45 mins from Paros)
To get from Paros to Antiparos, the ferry for Antiparos leaves from Pounta and is easily reached by local bus or taxi, both from Parikia (the port of Paros) or from the airport. The ferry journey to Antiparos takes between 5-10 minutes and the ferry is every half an hour.
A direct boat also runs from the port of Paros to Antiparos and takes around 30 minutes.
Prices depend on your choice and availability of accommodation and are priced per person in Euros.
790€ (3 people sharing)
880€ (2 people sharing)
1090€ (1 person single occupancy)
A non-refundable deposit of 250€ is required initially to reserve your place, with the full balance to be paid no later than 6 weeks before arrival. Your space is not guaranteed until we have received your deposit. You will receive a confirmation letter from us as soon as your deposit has been received and registered on our account.
Please email email@example.com to book.
880€ (2 people sharing)
1090€ (1 person single occupancy)
About the teacher
Dina has been practicing yoga for over 20 years, teaching since 2000 all over London including Triyoga and the Life Centre, and now from her own home studio Goldendoor in North London. Her teaching is inspired by the fluid, breath-sychronised dance of Vinyasa Flow, the precision and integrity of Iyengar, and the softness and nourishment of Yin and Restorative Yoga. She teaches with a no-nonsense clarity and simplicity that is grounded, inclusive, refreshing and light-hearted, keeping it real. No incense or chanting, but the retreat setting offers the opportunity for plenty of thoroughly researched and expertly delivered extras including Mindfulness Meditation and Yoga Nidra.
She has completed over 1000 hours of accredited trainings with many of the top internationally renowned teachers including Sarah Powers, Godfrey Devereux, Judith Lasater, Shiva Rae and Donna Farhi, and her teaching reflects this diversity. She is a mentor for both Yoga and Mindfulness teachers-to-be, as well as running her own training days also works for the charity Ourmala, teaching yoga to refugees and asylum seekers.
What others say:
“An amazing retreat from start to finish. Thank you so much Dina you are truly fabulous” Carly Hall
“Thanks for the beyond fabulous teaching – a gift I am so grateful to have experienced” Zoe Tisdall
“I absolutely adored the retreat and am longing to go on another. You have opened my eyes to yoga and given me the confidence to follow the path of improvement“ Olivia Parthenope
“I had such a fantastic time. Thank you for your teaching and calm presence. I loved the programme, how you allowed everyone to be in their own experience. It has been beneficial in every way“ Pernille Finegan