Bamboo Yoga Retreat is excited to announce that we are launching our new summer yoga retreats in Europe!!
Unique soul-feeding ‘POP UPS’ in stunning locations with our amazing teachers.
Join Yoga teacher Jennie Wadsten for a week of Yoga and Meditation amidst the tranquillity of this off-the-beaten-track island paradise.
Through your daily practice, you’ll systematically open the body from the ground up, learning about the ancient science of the chakras and how they relate to our physical and emotional health. Each day we will explore a different Chakra through our Yoga practise which will include themed, guided meditation, breathwork, journaling and two multi-level yoga practices suitable for everyone from beginner to advanced. We will also offer special workshopsand a Yoga Nidra candlelit restorative evening class.
All levels are welcome!
As with all our Bamboo yoga holidays, it’s a chance to develop your practise whilst being in a safe supported space with like-minded people.This week will leave you feeling relaxed and rejuvenated.
- Seven nights’ accommodation (single, double or triple occupancy)
- Morning meditation and pranayama
- 13 yoga classes including workshops
- Early am – breakfast (teas and coffee, super power juice and fruits)
- Late am – a delicious buffet-style substantial brunch and afternoon snacks (tea and cookies/fruit).
- Arrival Dinner and Leaving Dinner at the retreat centre – all other evenings you will be free to explore the village of Antiparos, which is only a ten-minute walk from the retreat. The venue’s host Susanne, who spends the summers on this stunning island, will be happy to show you around the town and island and to accompany you to dinner.
- One free afternoon – or join us for a walk or boat ride!
- Holistic treatments will be offered onsite throughout the week
- Flight tickets/ferry fees – NB May is not high season in Greece, so flights are cheap! Please make sure that you book your flights well in advance.
- All other costs of transport each way between the airport and the ferry ports – NB taxis can be shared by up to 4 people.
How to get to us
Susanne who is hosting this retreat will guide you on all bookings to make sure you have ease of travel and boat times, she will then meet you at the boat port and bring you to the centre.
To get to Antiparos, you must first reach Paros island either by:
- Airplane direct from Athens (Eleftherios Venizelos airport) – see https://www.olympicair.com/en/Travel/Reservations/Tickets or http://www.skyexpress.gr/en-us/home.aspx, or
- Boat or highspeed ferry from the mainland ports of Piraeus or Rafina, or the from the port of another Cycladic island, to the port of Paros (Parikia) – see www.gtp.gr
To get from Paros to Antiparos, the ferry for Antiparos leaves from Pounta and is easily reached by local bus or taxi, both from Parikia (the port of Paros) or from the airport. The ferry journey to Antiparos takes between 5-10 minutes.
A direct boat also runs from the port of Paros to Antiparos and takes around 30 minutes.
Glaros studios apartments, Kalargyrou, Antiparos, Greece, http://www.glarosantiparos.gr/en.
Stunning Greek apartments with comfortable beds, ensuite bathrooms and doors that open out onto the beautiful terrace, the beach is a 5-minute stroll away.
Antiparos is a small picturesque island at the heart of the Cyclades group of islands in the southern Aegean, which is known for its distinctive beauty. Antiparos is situated less than one nautical mile from its larger sister island of Paros, to which it is connected by a local ferry. The island offers over 60km of stunning shoreline and is blessed with crystalline emerald waters, golden sandy beaches and other extraordinary natural wonders such as the famous Cave of Antiparos.
Glaros studios apartments are located on the northeast side of Antiparos and are no more than 100 metres from the sea and a secluded stretch of sandy beach. The main village of Antiparos with its narrow, cobbled stone alleyways and streets, white-washed houses decorated with thriving pink and purple bougainvilleas and shadowy eucalyptus trees, is also within a 10-minute walking distance.
We’ve chosen May which is outside the main tourist season, so we will have the entire retreat venue to ourselves and the flights are cheap.
Prices depend on your choice and availability of accommodation and are priced per person in Euros.
790€ (3 people sharing)
890€ (2 people sharing)
1190€ (1 person single room)
Bamboo loyalty discount of 90 euros. (We have limited places for this so please secure your place quickly.)
A non-refundable deposit of 250€ is required initially to reserve your place, with the full balance to be paid no later than 6 weeks before arrival. Your space is not guaranteed until we have received your deposit. You will receive a confirmation letter from us as soon as your deposit has been received and registered on our account. For more details, please see: www.bamboo-yoga-retreat.com
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
890€ (2 people sharing)
1190€ (1 person single room)
Jennie Wadsten fell in love with yoga in 1997 and has been teaching since 2005. Following her fascination for yoga, she has completed several teacher trainings and workshops of different styles and approaches over the years, including: Anusara yoga, Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, Virya yoga, Vinyasa flow, Yin yoga, Meditation, Pranayama, Ayurvedic yoga massage, Nutrition and Anatomy.
Today, Jennies main teaching influences are Julie Martin, Josephine Selander and Josefin Wikström. Over the years, her love of yoga has led her to in-depth studies with John Friend, Paul Grilley, Pattabhi Jois and his daughter, Saraswati (amongst others).
For Jennie, teaching is about helping others to cultivate breath, awareness, strength and joy, and then taking these qualities into everyday life, away from the yoga mat. Her teaching style is warm, enthusiastic and encouraging, and contains an extensive knowledge of biomechanics (how to make yoga safe, enjoyable, and energizing).
Jennie is E-RYT 500 (Experienced Yoga Teacher by Yoga Alliance, USA) and YACEP (Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Provider) and she is involved in teacher training programs and workshops worldwide.
Jennie runs retreats every year at Bamboo Yoga Retreat Goa which always sells out very quickly so please secure this one quickly in order to not miss out on this retreat!!
Classes will be taught in English.